Just as with vanilla minecraft and many other mods and, mining is an essential part to progress through the mods content. Only by mining you will get access to higher tier tools and new building blocks.
What should set Vintagecraft apart from other mods and vanilla MC is a carefully architectured mining system that lends much of its inspiration from real life while still staying true to the experience of vanilla caving. It's goal is to keep mining interesting throughout the whole gaming experience. Whether it has achieved that goal is for each player to decide.
Differences to vanilla minecraft
- In Vintagecraft deposits are no longer in a spherical shape (like in Vanilla MC) but in 1-2 block flat layers that may or may not follow the natural shape of the terrain.
- Deposits vary much greater in size, with some deposits encompassing hundredes of blocks, while others may only contain a handful.
- The Sealevel in Vintagecraft is at y=128, so double the amount than in vanilla minecraft.
- Low tier metal ores are generally near the surface, higher tier metal ores generally deep underground
- The deeper you go, the more dangerous mobs you will encounter.
- Mining with explosives destroys only 5% of ores and ores have little blast resistance, making explosives very usefull
Suggested Step by Step Progression =
2. You need at least 12 copper ores and a bunch of lignite or bituminous coal to get your first copper pickaxe.
3. Find Cassiterite or Bismuthinite+Sphalerite and a lot more copper. This will let you create tin bronze or bismuth bronze made which are alloys of different metals. Check the list of metals to find the correct ratios. You need at least 10 bars combined in a Vessel to create an alloyed metal.
4. Now as you have become more familiar with mining you can try and improve your deposit finding skills. As mentioned before, all deposits in Vintagecraft are just 1-2 layers thick and rarely laid out flat. When you find a unusually small deposit, try mining diagnoally up and down and you have a good chance of finding the remaining deposit vein!
5. Once you have found bituminous coal, saltpeter and sulphur you can start mixing together blasting powder. That combined with your flax farm that produces linen cloth you are able to build your first mining explosives. These will help you greatly when mining large deposits.