From VintageCraft Wiki
As of Version 0.8.85 sheep and cows can be farmed again, but not quite as you would expect. Also this feature is still fairly experimental and might not work very well right now.
- Sheeps/Cows eat a lot of tall grass, which turns the tallgrass into a very short "eaten" variant. All "eaten"-tallgrass will very slowly regrow again. They cannot eat very short grass, tall grass with flowers or ferns.
- Sheeps/Cows have a fullness and saturation meter just like players. They permanently loose hunger/saturation and regain it from eating. Hungry sheep/cows will be more active in trying to find food.
- Once a Sheep/Cow is very full, it enter love mode and with that is able to reproduce with another animal without player interaction.
How to use this behavior
- When fencing up sheep or cows, make sure you leave them a lot of space to roam around.
- The place they can roam at should have tall grass growing on it, which shouldn't be very short or ferns.
- You can increase the amount of available tallgrass by using Peat on the ground. Note however: The "Eaten" version of tallgrass will grow back into the biome specific grass - so choose a farmland that already had natural tallgrass.
Are currently not breedable.